Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"We're not murderers; plastic surgeons have a bad enough image problem as it is"

I've never watched Nip/Tuck but I've heard a lot about it.

I've been at my parents' house for the past 20 days and they get FOX SERIES. I took the habit of checking it as I zap through the channels although they've just started and are still on Season 1 of stuff we've already watched (like ER, Desperate Housewives, CSI Miami, etc.)

I noticed that they were showing Nip/Tuck and I was curious to check it out but since I don't have FOX SERIES at home, and I don't like to start with a program from the middle especially if I can't finish it; I refrained from watching altogether.

However, the other day I was watching TV and zapping randomly and fell on an episode of Nip/Tuck so I watched for a little while.

I didn't get a thing because the episode had already started for some time but two events really made me laugh my a$ off:

1) Apparently, some criminal had requested a new face (literally) from the plastic surgeons who agreed. It was obvious that this agreement was not smooth as the "bad guy" threatened that one of his men would stay in the OR and would kill the surgeons should the latter attempt to kill him during surgery (Trust is nice!). So one of the surgeons says:
"We're not murderers; plastic surgeons have a bad enough image problem as it is"
TOTALLY LOVED IT!! :-)

And I found it, just for you :-) enjoy!



2) This same surgeons' wife or girlfriend (I don't know) is in labor and he is the one delivering the baby in the OR. So he is the first to take the baby "out" and hold him. At first we just see the doctor's face and it looks like there's something weird going on down "there"... Then he holds the baby up close to his face... And the baby is black. Not that there's anything wrong with black babies, only both parents are... you guessed... white.

The situation itself is not so funny, but the doctor's face as he holds the baby was priceless! It was hilarious!


No comments: