Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The meaning of "Finally"

English ✮ Français

Here's a little story about little me:

Those of you who have been following know how hard I've struggled (yes, yes, I'm taking the big words out) with my driving school and my license.

Well this morning at 9:00am, the suffering ended!!
I mean FINALLY ended ;-)

I don't even want to think about my previous trials here, here and here.

You're probably wondering what took me so long. Well after my last failure I got so frustrated I decided to change branches (and thus, examiners, as mentioned in previous articles, each center/branch has its own on-site based examiners). So it took a few weeks for the school to move my file and assign me a new instructor. So basically, last week, I took exactly three classes just to familiarize myself with the area and the roads and this morning, went for my exam. First trial: Pass.

To tell you the truth, I thought that I was doomed to roam the roads in taxis and I welcomed the metro with open arms thinking it would be my new best friend forever! I'm still planning to use it on a regular basis: love public transportation and quite honestly, hate traffic so in Dubai, the metro appears to be a great ally for me ;-) But since we're moving to a new location which is quite far from the actual city, I'm going to need to drive especially that at the moment, it's still under construction and there are no accessible buses in the area.

After my humiliating failures I was beginning to think that I was not meant to be a driver and that I should just accept my wheel-less life. I mean come on, why else would I fail so much?

But on the very first day I started at the new branch, my instructor told me that the examiners at my former branch are very well-known in the school for failing the students five, six, and sometimes more than ten times before giving them a license. That explains a lot (see previous posts here, here and here where I talk about the poor girl who tried 13 times and still failed... Don't know what happened to her at the end though; hope she got to appreciate the meaning of "FINALLY" too).

And this morning I thought, well if I fail again, that really means I am a bad driver and obviously a danger to myself and others so I should really rethink the whole driving thing. After all it was an entirely new area, new roads, and most importantly a new examiner.

Again (I love to say this): Three classes; One test; Pass.

So yes, peeps! I CAN DRIVE! I'm not a bad a driver. I was just at the wrong center!!

I have to go back tomorrow to pick up my license... Will share it with you for certain!! :-) In the meantime, here's the report form where it's written in big letters (and in Arabic :-P):


PASSED

I have just one last word addressed to my baby sister:

ÉPICE, IT'S YOUR TURN NOW!!!


Fancy some Frenchy?
Oki Doki then :-)


La signification du mot "ENFIN"

Donc voila ma petite histoire:

Ceux qui suivent ce blog savent déjà que j'ai beaucoup souffert (oui, oui, les grands mots!) avec mon auto-école et mon permis.

Et bien ce matin at 9h00 exactement, j'ai mis fin au supplice!!
Je veux dire, j'ai ENFIN mis fin au supplice ;-)

Pas besoin de se remémorer les essais précédents here, here et here.

Vous vous demandez surement pourquoi j'ai mis une éternité avant de l'avoir ce permis. Et bien j'étais tellement frustrée après mon dernier échec, que j'ai décidé de changer de branche (et donc d'examinatrice puisque comme je l'avais expliqué dans mes billets précédents, chaque branche a son propre groupe d'examinatrices). Il a donc fallu quelques semaines pour que mon dossier soit transféré d'un centre à l'autre et qu'une nouvelle prof soit disponible. La semaine dernière j'ai enfin pu reprendre les cours. Juste trois classes pour me familiariser avec la nouvelle zone et ses routes et ce matin, j'avais mon test. Premier essai: Réussi.

À vrai dire, je croyais que j'étais condamnée à errer en taxis et c'est d'ailleurs pour ça que j'attendais le métro avec tellement d'impatience. Je compte toujours le prendre régulièrement parceque j'aime les transports en commun et je déteste les embouteillages; alors à Dubai, le métro c'est quand même mon futur meilleur ami pour toujours! ;-) Mais vu qu'on déménage dans une nouvelle zone résidentielle qui n'est pas encore bien couverte du point de vue transports en commun, mon permis commençait vraiment à devenir une nécessité.

Suite à mes humiliants échecs, je commençais vraiment à croire que j'étais un danger public au volant et qu'il valait mieux pour moi et autrui, que j'abandonne mon rêve de devenir automobiliste. Bein oui quoi! Qui raterait son permis autant de fois? Ce matin encore je m'étais dis que cette fois serais la dernière, si une nouvelle examinatrice me saque sur une nouvelle zone, et de nouvelles routes, le problème c'est moi, c'est sur!

Mais, et j'adore le répéter: Trois classes, Un test, Un permis.

Alors oui, JE SAIS CONDUIRE! J'étais juste au mauvais endroit!!

D'ailleurs, dès ma première séance, ma nouvelle prof m'a dit que l'autre branche est réputée pour son taux d'échecs et que personne ne passe avant cinq, six ou même dix essais; ce qui explique beaucoup (cf. mes précédents billets here, here et here dans lesquels je parle de cette pauvre fille qui a essayé 13 fois, en vain... Je ne sais pas ce qu'il lui est arrivé d'ailleurs, mais j'espère qu'elle aussi est quand même parvenue à apprécier la signification du mot "ENFIN").

Je retourne à l'auto-école demain, pour la dernière fois, pour prendre mon permis. Je promets de vous le montrer; entre-temps, je partage ce magnifique rapport où il est écrit en lettres gigantesques (et en Arabe :-P) le mot magique:


PASSÉ

En conclusion, il ne me reste plus que quelques mots à dire à ma petite sœur chérie:

ÉPICE, À TON TOUR!!!


. S H A R E . T H I S . P ✮ S T .



Ma Page sur Hellocoton

No comments: