Thursday, June 30, 2011

Boarding now! Don't stay behind!

English

June 30 being the last day to submit your entries to Bras for a Cause, it may be interesting to have a look at those unknown designers who have already made the jump and sent their work. They're not big fashion names. They may not even be from the fashion industry altogether, but one thing is for sure: they care and they are here to lend support to a cause close to our hearts.

One of these outstanding talents is 17 years old Hasleen Anand. Yes, 17 and already on the path to doing great things, I can tell. And this is all I wish for her at the very least. She took the time to answer a few questions about her hopes, aspirations and Bras for a Cause.

In a nutshell: she did not disappoint and raised those expectations just a little bit higher. Clearly, that remarkable spirit that characterizes the event's professional designers is intrinsic to all participants, in all categories.

So without further ado, I give you Ms. Anand, fabulous teen and we hope, soon to be rock-star fashion talent! (I mean it, read some more and I promise you, you will feel that spirit too)

Hasleen Anand

Name, age, nationality and current country of residence
My name is Hasleen Anand. I am 17 years old and I stay in Dubai.

What’s your design background?
No design background, just have a passion for fashion designing.

Describe yourself in three words
Creative, Honest and Passionate :)

Who’s your favorite designer?
I do not have a favorite designer as such but I do admire the work of certain designers like Versace etc.

What kind of music inspires you?
Mostly depends on my mood, but always ready for pop or something that's calm and relaxing.

What’s your favorite movie?
Ooh many favorites, but here are a few- The Devil Wears Prada, Flight Plan and The Tourist.

If you hadn’t been a designer, what profession would you have chosen? If you’re not a designer, what is your current job and why did you choose to participate in this competition?
I am a student who's going to start with University for fashion designing, as I not only love everything about fashion but also want to pursue a career in the fashion world. I love designing in my free time so why not do it for a great cause :)

Describe your design style in three words
Floral, Unique, Intriguing.

Hasleen Anand: paintings & fashion design

Tell us a little bit about your creative process: how long did it take for you to create the design, what inspires you, how do you choose colors, fabrics, themes?
It took me around 10 days to complete everything. I love art and everything about fashion and my choice of going ahead in this field of design as my career has inspired me a lot. Whereas for choosing colors, I combine different colors and always try to bring out different shades, to make the theme I have chosen stand out.

Why did you decide to participate?
The love of designing and creativity helped me to be a part of this cause. When i heard about this, it wasn't only something new to me but something I would love to be a part of, hence giving me the opportunity to do something for a cause where you are not only having fun but being helpful. There were no reasons for why I shouldn't participate :)

What did you design, a bra or a t-shirt?
I designed two bras for two different categories and 1 T-shirt as well.

What inspired your design?
My inspiration was the season spring/summer itself, which gave me ideas of floral patterns and bright colors that I have used and of course the crusade against breast cancer.

What role do you think fashion can play in the fight against cancer and empowering cancer survivors?
Bringing about awareness through fashion will not only bring the difficulties of this disease into the limelight but also fetch support for the fight against it when associated with famous brands.

What are your expectations and hopes for this event?
I think this is a great event and more such events should be planned, they not only help to support the fight against cancer but also bring out many budding designers into the limelight.


To keep track of all our exclusive interviews, bookmark CeleBlogs.
Like this blog on Facebook.






No comments: